Here’s the thing. There’s a NEED for a company like The Stork Box – someone who takes the stress out of packing for hospital and choosing practical, thoughtful gifts for new parents. Heck, where were these guys when I was panicking, packing and pushing, eh?
- Mums have lost hours googling what to include in the hospital bag; agonising over its contents; packing, unpacking and repacking; and listening to the advice of strangers on Roller Coaster.
- We’ve received the flowers (and cried on day four about having to keep something ELSE alive on top of the tiny human just birthed).
- We’ve accepted the cakes and pastries (and guiltily eaten them while crying some more about adding to the bulging layer of softness that has overtaken our midriffs).
- We’ve returned the Next duplicates and the inappropriate denim.
- We’re never more likely to throw money at a problem than when pregnancy and babies are concerned.
About The Stork Box
The Stork Box specialises in products for Mum and Baby, including pre-packed hospital bags, gift boxes for babies and new mums and simple, stylish baby and toddler attire.
Information overload is stressful for people seeking truth and simplicity, especially for new or expectant parents. We want to help people enjoy the journey of parenthood, by providing them with clear and accessible products that will help and support their adventure.
– The Stork Box
By now you’ll know that Shinners loves a backstory. Sisters Sophia, a marketing consultant and Vicky, an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist combined their super powers to set up their online business in May of this year. They’re also mums so they’ve got this! They KNOW.
The Product Range
When you first land on the stylish website, you know you’re going to be hanging around for a bit. You’re met with edgy monochrome clothing and quirky captions that would put a smile on any parent’s face. Their ever-expanding gift box range is thoughtful and most importantly practical.
Carlsberg don’t do baby shower gifts…
These ladies have curated the perfect hospital bag containing everything you and baby will need including toiletries, toothbrushes, maternity pads and nipple creams for mum; and clothing, nappies, mitts and blankets for baby. I love that they’ve even included a glossy mag and a JustEat voucher! These are women who are very much in tune with what a new mama needs!
I also love that they’ve partnered up with reputable, reliable brands like Nia, Elave, Uriage, Payot and Lansinoh. Prices range from €65 to €185. Yes, they’re pricey but perfect for friends or colleagues pooling together.
The Stork Box also offers a range of super cute gift boxes for mum and baby with just the right mix of style and substance. They include items from their own range of quirky, funky kidswear. These are some of my faves but you can find the full range of gift boxes on their site. They’ve partnered up with Babyboo.ie too, another Irish company we’ve been fans of for a while.
Baby or Toddler Wear
The range of baby and toddler wear is printed by hand in Dublin, using water-based ink. The products we received were super soft and I loved the fact that they’re gender neutral. The range includes vests, rompers, leggings, hoodies and sweaters. My lady’s hoodie (in the middle below) washed well and is wearing well. Yeah, I know. She’s rocking it, the cutie!
- The clothing range is fab. I’m a sucker for a statement tee (or babygro!) and sure we’ve all gone monochrome mad really, haven’t we? This stuff is bang on! More please!
- I can’t think of a new or expectant mum who wouldn’t love to receive any of these gift boxes. Useful gifts that make a new mum’s life easier are the BEST kind of gifts.
- I like the fact that most of the boxes include a total of the retail value of the products included, alongside the Stork Box price – a reminder that you’re getting bang for your buck.
- I’m totally on board with the idea of the New Mum Gift Box – it’s the gift box product I’d be most likely to buy. I’d like to see the content range expanded a little or perhaps to have some more options here.
The Good News…
- You can use the temporary discount code SHINNERS to get 15% off ANY products on the site for a limited time.
- You can win a Mini Monochrome Gift Box worth €45 over on my Instagram Feed. Competition closes on Saturday, October 21st at 9pm.
I’d love to hear your thoughts on The Stork Box and their products in the comments below.
Disclosure: I received a Mini Monochrome Stork Box and a toddler YOLO hoodie in return for a post on my experience of the site and the products we received. All thoughts are my own, as always. If you’d like to read more about how I collaborate with brands, check out my Disclosure Page.