I’m a flake. It’s true. I lose wallets. I leave keys behind. I’m the person you see driving away from the filling station with a cup of coffee on on the roof. I’m often late and I can NEVER find my phone. When I first heard of the TrackR, my interest was piqued. I’d just spent almost two days searching for a lost wallet. I was ripe for picking.
What is the TrackR?
How does the TrackR work?
Why the TrackR is a parent’s best friend
Being a parent can be exhausting. Getting out the door with kids in tow can involve one seemingly impossible hurdle after another. How often have you been late because you’ve lost your keys or been left red-faced at the supermarket because you can’t remember where you put your wallet? It’s not just me, is it?
When truth be told, we’re all a bit frazzled due endless multitasking and reduced sleep. We’re never quite sure where we’ve put things down. When you’re hauling three shopping bags and a crying toddler from the car, it’s altogether common to leave your keys in the front door or your wallet in the boot. Add to that the fact that we’ve armies of little ‘helpers’ who will ‘mind’ our phones in the undercarriage of their ride-ons or put remote controls in fridges, and we’ve a recipe for derangement.
What can the TrackR help me find?
What can’t the TrackR help me retrieve?
Additional Features We Love
- Crowd Locate: This is so clever: If you’re far away from your missing item, TrackR’s Crowd Locate network will show you its last location on a map. Basically, when another TrackR user walks by your item, you’ll receive a confidential location update.
- LED Lights: It rings and lights up so you can even find the item in the dark.
- Replaceable battery: The expected battery life is approximately one year, after which the CR2016 battery can be easily replaced.
Tried and Tested
This thing is ridiculously handy. I’ve used the device within our home (a LOT) and the sound emitted from the TrackR is clearly audible, even when buried deep beneath toy piles and laundry. It works within bluetooth range. If you leave an item out of range, then the app will give you details of the last location your phone connected to device. See, told you it was clever!
We chose (after much deliberation) to attach it to our remote control because as every parent knows, remote controls seems to have mysterious powers of attraction when you’re a sticky-fingered toddler. In the past six months alone, we’ve found our remote in the lego box, the laundry basket, the food cupboard, the coal bunker and the footmuff of the buggy.
Is it worth your money?
The TrackR Pixel is shipped from the US. It costs $29.99 plus postage of $9.99 which works out at approximately €33 shipped to Ireland. A small price to pay for time, sanity and harmony, surely? A gift for the forgetful, perhaps? I’ve used it a LOT. I really struggled to decide what item needed it more, so I think I’m going to pick up a second one for my keys. Just in case!
WIN A TrackR OF YOUR OWN!
The people at TrackR have kindly offered to make one reader’s life infinitely easier buy giving them their own TrackR Pixel. To enter simply leave a comment below stating what you’d use your TrackR for. Easy!
And if you can’t wait and want to buy your own now, you can get 15% off your first purchase with the code SUPERPARENT at the checkout.
- Competition closes at 6pm on Monday, September 25th, 2017 and winner will be notified via email.
- The prize is a TrackR Pixel, the provision of which is the responsibility of TrackR. No cash alternative will be offered.
- The competition is open to anyone aged 18 and over.
- The winners will be chosen at random.
- The competition is not affiliated with Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.