It’s the Liesbter Award! Yay! Again, not an actual award but a fun blogging tag much like The Sunshine Blogger. This one specifially targets newbies and basically represents a nod from fellow bloggers and a sort of virtual ‘Welcome to the Blogworld’ glass-clink.
I’ve been nominated twice in the past few weeks so thanks ever so much to the hilarious Hillie from Turning Up in Devon and to the lovely Left Back at Home. I’m totally chuffed that you you guys have included me in your list of recipients and now I get to ramble on about myself. Again! I’ve answered the questions on both of the lists together. Is that allowed or have I gone rogue entirely?
1) Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
2) Answer the questions you’ve been given.
3) Nominate some relatively new bloggers that you think are deserving of this award.
5) Let the bloggers know you have nominated them.
6) Give them questions to answer.
1. What’s your favourite weird sandwich filling?
Irish kids were raised on ham and Easi Singles sandwiches. I’m not sure if you can get Easi Singles in the UK. Perhaps not. Despite sounding like a dodgy dating service, they are in fact very cheap, processed cheese squares; a step down from Dairylee, containing all kinds of preservatives and probably very little in way of milk, curd and the likes. Toast it and serve it up with a glass of milk, please! Ultimate nostalgic comfort food.
2. Which celeb would you have around for dinner?
Rob Brydon. I reckon he would be polite enough not to complain about the food. He could regale me with impressions of Michael Caine, David Mitchell and Tom Jones for the evening. If he wanted to bring Steve Coogan along, that would be OK too.
3. Your worst holiday destination (like ever).
Luckily we’ve never had a woefully awful holiday though I am having a flashback of going to McDonalds in the torrential rain in Spain last year becasue the campsite was a washout and we needed to go somewhere warm and dry. That’s pretty sad, really. Mainly on the plain, my ass!
4. TV, Computer or Book and why?
That’s like being asked to choose your favourite child!
5. What is your favourite kids’ film?
Because of the season that’s in it, I’ll go for Home Alone. The music, the saccharine Christmassy-ness of it all… magic! If I wasn’t feeling festive, I’d have to pick Back to the Future – my all time fave. You can read all about my penchant for Doc, Marty all things Hill Valley-related in my Sunshine Blogger post, if you like.
6. Henry Cavill or Tom Hiddleston for a date?
Right, so I had to Google Henry Cavill. I’ve never laid eyes on the man in my life. Am I living under a rock? I didn’t watch The Tudors. I guess I probably should have. What a jaw though! I loved The Night Manager but Hiddleson is very angular, isn’t he? Let me think about that one…
7. What’s your secret favourite (not really allowed) pop song.
I love a bit of Michael Jackson. Beat It will always get me on the floor. Of course if extra cheese is what you’re after, Spice Up Your Life by Spice Girls tends to get my toe tapping. There. I said it. *lowers eyes in shame* *allows ‘slam it to the left if you’re havin’ a good time…’ to creep into head* *reaches for Spotify*
8. If you could fly in the sky or swim under the sea, which would you do and why?
Interesting question! I reckon I would swim. There’d be a bit more to see underwater, wouldn’t there? There’s not much to be gained from just looking at the earth from further away. If I could fly at speed, that would change things though…
9. Victoria Sponge or Carrot Cake and why if you can be arsed?
Carrot Cake – for the cream cheese frosting mostly. I’m mentioning cheese too much, aren’t I?
10. What makes you you in 5 words.
Not taking anything too seriously.
11. Night owl or early bird?
Night owl. You don’t really want to try to enagage with me too much before 10am.
12. Favourite time to blog?
It’s more about stealing the opportunity than having a favourite time, really. I tend to open the laptop whenever there’s a slight lull in the madness.
13. Do you secretly enjoy some of the kids shows you have to watch?
Absolutely! Especially the movies. I cried at Trolls at the weekend. Those little guys had a lot going on.
14. Which celebrity would you like to marry and why?
I’m not sure I’d be bothered marrying a celeb. I don’t think being under the microscope would suit me and I wouldn’t make much of a trophy wife! If I had to, maybe a celebrity chef who would insist on cooking all the time. But not Jamie Oliver. We would divorce over baby names.
15. Favourite Holiday destination?
Italy has it all – weather, food, landscape, history, shopping, wine. Ticks all the boxes.
16. Topshop or M&S?
My heart says Toppers. My head says M&S. So Topshop!
17. What are your favourite blogs?
Ahhhh! That is a VERY difficult question. I’m discovering new ones all the time. I don’t really have to choose, do I?
18. Instagram or Twitter?
Instragram. Twitter makes my head hurt a bit. I only joined Twitter two months ago and I’m still figuring it out. It’s all so manic and fast. I could spend hours looking at photos on Instagram. It’s calming by comparison.
19. When do you start your Christmas shopping?
I’m not a lunatic who starts in the spring but I’m not a last-minuter either. Usually around October. That’s normal, isn’t it? I’m about half way there now with seven weeks to go.
20. Mother in law or Monster in Law?
I am lucky to have a really lovely Mother-in-Law. I couldn’t say a bad word about her except for the fact that she’s a bit too good at cooking!
- Is there a movie that, despite not really liking it, you can’t switch off?
- If you could live a day in the life of someone else who would it be?
- Who would you rather a visit from, the Ghost of Christmas Past or the Ghost of Christmas Future?
- What song makes you cry?
- Who would play you in a movie about your life?
- What was the last cocktail you had?
- Fiction or non-fiction?
- Apple or Android?
- Blur or Oasis?
- Describe your blog in 5 words or less.
Now, over to these guys…