ALL OUT OF IDEAS?
To be honest, I’d forgotten about Father’s Day. We’re going on holidays next week and I’m in the throes of minature sundress-ironing and the general frying of bigger fish. I’m actually a bit rubbish at gifts in any case. We’ve been together for almost fourteen years. I’ve bought the watches and the wallets and the technology. What could possibly be left? I’m usually running around the day before Father’s Day frantically searching for a gift that doesn’t reek of last-minute desperation. Needless to say, those gifts are generally sold out by Friday afternoon.
A FAMILY-RUN IRISH BUSINESS
When Make it With Words, a Dublin-based gift company got in touch asking if I would like to showcase some of their Father’s Day gifts, I could sense a bail-out! One glance at the website and I immediately spotted the perfect gift for my other half amidst a whole host of quirky and unique offerings.
Husband and wife team, Joe and Amelia started the business three years ago when they struggled to find unique, fun, personalised baby gifts for friends. They came up with the the ABC frame. You know the one. With minature ABC blocks spelling out the child’s name within a gorgeous mounted frame? You DO know it. There’s a picure of it at the end. Scroll down. Yes, that one! Both of my girls actually received them as Christening gifts. Since then the couple have branched out into personalised gifts for all occasions including, of course, Father’s Day.
TOP FATHER’S DAY PICKS
Here are my top picks from their gorgeous site that will get mothers and daughters all over the country out of hot water this Father’s Day. I’m opting for no. 4!
A gorgeous, coloured pencil illustration will be created in charcoal grey or soft blue from your favourite father and child photograph. You can also include names, date or personal message underneath in a handwritten font. €34.99 for the picture and the mount. Add €30 for frame.
Is Dad a bit of a superhero in the kitchen? A personalised chopping board is a lovely way to say thanks. Available in maple, cherry wood or walnut for €44.95.
Get your fave dad moment transformed into a large, vintage, polaroid-style print, complete with personalised caption. €34.99.
Perfect for music lovers, this is my ablsolute favourite. It’s what caught my eye on the site. Include a list of his favourite albums and create a personalised wallop of nostalgia with this colourful mixtape print. Can I get the list right though? The pressure! €35.95 for the print and the mount. Add an additional €30 for the frame.
FANCY WINNING THE PERFECT FATHER’S DAY GIFT?
Make it with Words is making Father’s Day very easy for a Shinners & the Brood reader. Win a smacking €65 worth of credit for their fabulous online store and they’ll even throw in shipping to Ireland or the UK! Sorted!
- Like the Shinners & the Brood Facebook page.
- Like the Make it with Words Facebook page.
- State in a comment below what you’d spend your credit on in store. That’s it!
**** THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED****
The winner has been announced in the comments below and contacted via email.
Competition Terms & Conditions:
- The closing date is 6pm on Sunday, June 11th, 2017 and winner will be notified via email.
- Winner must place order by close of business Monday 12th to ensure delivery on time for Father’s Day.
- The prize is a Father’s Day Gift of the winner’s choosing from Make it With Words up to the value of €65, including shipping to Irealnd or the UK. No cash alternative will be offered.
- The competition is open to UK and ROI entrants only.
- The winners will be chosen at random.
- Provision of the prize is the reponsibility of Make it with Words.
- The competition is not affiliated with Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
All images are the property of Make it with Words.
DISCLOSURE: THIS IS A COLLABORATIVE POST. Find out more about what this means here.