My four-year-old will start school in Autumn. She’s already excited at the prospect so I don’t think the transition from preschool to primary school is going to be too difficult for her. (Famous last words!) That being said, I’m conscious of not underestimating how much of a change it will be, so we’re now engaging in the delicate business of remaining altogether chipper about ‘big school’ without spilling into over-enthusiasm, thus completely freaking her out.
What is a Kiddicone?
‘Kiddicone – The Perfect Gift to Celebrate First Day at School’
Celebrate a once in a lifetime event in a really special and memorable way with a vibrant gift by Kiddicone, available in a range of fun and popular children’s designs… sure to surprise and delight children starting school .
I chose the gender-neutral Friends cone but there were other options available: Pirates, Princess, Owls and Dinosaurs. On arrival, the packaged cone generated massive excitement and certainly had the ‘wow’ factor. Strict rules about grabbing and snatching were necessary to avoid a looting frenzy upon opening it, such was their excitement. At 70cm long, the cone was much bigger than I expected. The packaging was strong and sturdy and it was full to the brim with treats and goodies.
- Crayola colouring pencils
- Crayola crayons
- Anker modelling dough
- Systema drinks bottle
- Sticker book
- Coloured craft paper
- Pencil and rubber
- Bubble wand
- Travel tissues
- A wooden yoyo
- Walkers Crisps
- Fruit Pastilles
- Mini Maryland cookies
- Cadbury’s white and milk chocolate buttons
- (Lots of) chewy sweets
- Individual Celebrations sweets
Pricing & Ordering:
- Starting school is a big deal and I love the idea of celebrating this milestone with little ones.
- There was a really good selection of treats inside, all of which would excite any four-year-old.
- Delivery was prompt.
- The packaging was strong, colourful and of really good quality. In fact, the empty cone is now being used as a toy/fashion accessory.
- I was delighted to see that the pencils and crayons were branded. We’re Crayola fans.
- The Systema drinks bottles are perfect for lunch boxes and we have always used them.
- You can never really have enough craft supplies and sticker books for a rainy day.
- The smaller toys like the yoyo, the bubble wand, the dough and the balloons were right up the four-year-old’s street.
- The tissues were a clever, practical addition.
- The kids genuinely loved it. Their excitement reminded me of rummaging through stockings on Christmas morning.
- The cone contained a lot of sugary snacks which I don’t think were necessary. Most primary schools have healthy eating policies and the inclusion of chocolate, crisps and sweets, in my opinion, doesn’t send the right message. We’re not a sugar-free household by any stretch and from time to time the kids will get sweets and chocolate but, as a parent of kids who go a little nuts on refined sugar, I’d much rather healthier snacks were included or, better still, more craft/school-related contents instead.
- The filled cones are quite expensive and September is a very costly month for parents. As a consumer, I would need to feel that the collective value of the contents and packaging reflected the purchase price. With the inclusion of more stationery & craft items and less sweets, I would be more likely to feel that I was getting value for money. The unfilled cone offers an opportunity to spend as much or as little as you like on the contents and to include items of your own choosing but at over €20 delivered to Ireland, they too are quite expensive.
Kiddicone GIVEAWAY TIME!
The very kind Kiddicone people are offering a filled Kiddicone to a Shinners & the Brood reader worth €50.
TO ENTER FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW:
- Like Shinners & the Brood on either Facebook or Instagram.
- *Like Kiddicone on Facebook.
- Leave a comment on this blog post below with your choice of cone from the following:
Competition Terms & Conditions:
- The closing date is 11:59 pm on Monday, April 17th, 2017.
- The winner will be notified via email within 3 days of the competition closing.
- The prize is a filled Kiddicone of your choosing. No cash alternative will be offered.
- The competition is open to UK and ROI entrants only.
- The winners will be chosen at random using random.org.
- The winner must respond within 30 days of receiving the email to claim their prize.
- Provision of the prize is the reponsibility of Kiddicone.com.
- The competition is not affiliated with Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
- *Liking Kiddicone on Facebook was added as an entry requirement on Monday, April 10th. Those who entered the competition before this date who did not like the Kiddicone Facebook page are still eligible to win the prize.
Disclosure: I was offered a Kiddicone in exchange for writing this review. As is the case with all of the reviews on Shinners & the Brood, I’ve documented my honest thoughts on the product.
If you found this review helpful, feel free to share it with your friends.